Thursday, December 6, 2007

Mobile Applications - Any Suggestions?

I am joining a contest called Android Development Challenge.

What is Android? Simply put, it is Google's software for mobile devices. What is the challenge? The challenge is all about developing cool applications using Android. What's the prize? The awards total in $10,000,000.

You say, "Are you for real?"

I say, "Yes!"

Google will select first 50 coolest entries and bless them with $25,000 each -- this is my target :)

I'd say, this is a really really really tough challenge. Why? Well, first and foremost, there should be about hundreds of thousands of developers around the world who will join this race. Secondly, thinking of an application that is going to be unique and cool is not going to be easy.

That is why, I need your suggestion :D

The application can be anything, anything you can think of. Copied from Google's Android website:
Social networking
Media consumption, management, editing, or sharing, e.g., photos
Productivity and collaboration such as email, IM, calendar, etc.
Gaming
News and information
Rethinking of traditional user interfaces
Use of mash-up functionality
Use of location-based services
Humanitarian benefits
Applications in service of global economic development
Whatever you're excited about!


Well, if you have any suggestions, just let me know. I'll compensate you if your suggestion succeeds in the first 50 entries. Oops, the offer only applies to my real-life friends :)

So, what do you have in mind? Just drop a comment, or shout in the shoutbox, or email me. :)

No comments: